Mokshi is a proud Canadian and Bramptonian since 2002. Her passion lies in community service and making a difference in the lives of her fellow-citizens. Her accomplishments include:
• Founder-director of Indo-Canadian Arts & Culture Initiative (ICACI), a non-profit that empowers women through programs and events
• Volunteer-coordinator of Carabram that aims to build cross-cultural bridges and promote diversity and inclusion within Brampton
• Volunteer at Langar Seva because philanthropy is the best form of service to our fellow-citizens
• Member of the Board of Trade and the Indo Canada Chamber of Commerce to ensure that Brampton remains a viable city for businesses and economic growth
• Recognition from the Brampton citizens for her service to them as the “Citizen Award” in Inspiration category.
Improved transit with reduced gridlock (LRT, weekend service of GO trains), advocate for anti-poverty and homelessness measures, creating more recreational hubs for seniors in wards 7 & 8, offering more skills training and opportunities for youth, freezing taxes. I understand the vital role that businesses play in building a stronger economy and creating jobs. I believe that forming strategic alliances and raising Brampton’s investment profile will help to attract and retain new businesses that will support job growth. Engaging private and public sectors as partners in managing and sustaining growth in socially- and fiscally-responsible ways will ensure a quality of life within our communities that generations present and future will enjoy.