My top priority since taking office in 2014 has been to effect change and restore residents’ confidence in City Hall. I will continue to tackle issues such as: gridlock, job creation, improving public transit, reducing crime, better healthcare and building a culture at City Hall of respect for hard-earned tax dollars. I will continue to advocate on your behalf as we work to Move Brampton Forward.
Vision Moving Forward
- Ensure that your tax dollars are respected and spent wisely
- Economic development and job creation in key sectors such as innovation and technology, advanced manufacturing and life sciences
- Fight Gridlock
- Invest in public transit
- safer neighbourhoods
- Advocate for better healthcare
Delivered Results 2014-2018
- Member of the Blue Ribbon Panel that brought Ryerson University in partnership with Sheridan College
- Focus on crime and safety such as supporting the addition of 37 police officers and coordination of stakeholders for a safer city
- Lead role in the largest restructuring and modernization of Brampton City Hall to improve customer service and eliminate high salaries and excessive spending
- Delivered Brampton a 2040 Vision, a plan for modern, sustainable, well-planned urban city, including revitalizing of our downtown
- Led the charge to build Brampton’s first homeless youth shelter, affordable transit pilot project and developed a 10 year Housing Strategy as the Chair of Human Services at Peel Region.
For more information: http://www.martinmedeiros.ca/